Thursday, October 28, 2010

Raspberry peach cobbler



This week's recipe is one of my favorites as of late; I've made it probably 4-5 times over the past month or so because not only is it really easy, but it's also pretty popular with my coworkers (to whom I pass off the majority of my baked goods in order that I won't eat them all myself!).

This recipe comes from my Gramma Dunwoody (as did the apple crisp recipe I posted the other day). Though most of my childhood baking was done with my mother, I do have a vivid memory of helping my Gramma make granola in the cozy kitchen of her mountain farmhouse in North Carolina (though "helping", I'm sure, is a relative term!).


Such a fun memory! So grateful for the time I was able to spend with my grandparents when I was younger, as well as for more recent visits I've had with them.

Nobody can do for little children what grandparents do. Grandparents sort of sprinkle stardust over the lives of little children.
- Alex Haley

Raspberry peach cobbler

1 stick margarine
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
approximately 2-3 cups fruit (I've been using one large peach and 1 pint raspberries)


Preheat oven to 325F (350F for metal pans). Melt margarine in 8x8 baking dish as the oven heats.

Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir in milk; batter may be slightly lumpy. When butter has melted, pour flour/milk mixture into baking dish; stir slightly but do not combine.

Spread fruit over mixture.


Bake for approximately 1 hour, or until cake tests done. (The original recipe says 35-45 minutes, but I usually have to leave it in longer.)


Enjoy by itself or topped with vanilla ice cream!

2 comments:

  1. Beth, this is beautiful. I haven't had it in so long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, come visit; I've been making it every few weeks recently!

    ReplyDelete